|Sharptooth Flyer Family|
Crust Brown w/ peach underbelly
Indeterminate pterosaurs, possiblyPterodactylus
Frank Welker (stock sound effects only)
This family of "Sharptooth Flyers" (Pterodactylus), composed of a single mother and her four children, serve as the quaternary antagonists of The Land Before Time V: The Mysterious Island. They live on the Mysterious Island.
The mother Sharptooth Flyer first appears saving Ducky from falling to her death a little over halfway into the film. She thanks whoever just saved her, but she then finds out that a Sharptooth Flyer has her in her grip. The mother takes Ducky to her nest and shows her babies their lunch.
Before they can eat her, Ducky moves out of the way of one of the baby's jaws, making the baby Sharptooth Flyer bite their own mother, causing the mother to let go and for Ducky to fall. The Sharptooth Flyers do not appear afterwards.
- They are the first and only Pterodactylus to appear in the franchise so far.
- The family are one of the few quaternary antagonists in the series, alongside Hyp's Father.
- Incidentally, the Sharptooth Flyer mother and her babies are similar in both body and eye color to the Browridge Sharptooth the Allosaurus from The Land Before Time VI: The Secret of Saurus Rock.
- This Sharptooth Flyer is also similar to Sierra the Cearadactylus from The Land Before Time VII: The Stone of Cold Fire in their appearence.
- Both are brown pterosaurs.
- Both have very similar designs
Land Before Time Wiki has a collection of images and media related to Sharptooth Flyer Family (The Mysterious Island).