Return to Hanging Rock is the 22nd episode of the first season of the animated children's series The Land Before Time. It originally aired on June 29, 2007.
- Cody Arens as Littlefoot
- Anndi McAfee as Cera
- Aria Noelle Curzon as Ducky
- Jeff Bennett as Petrie/Skip/Ruby's Siblings
- Rob Paulsen as Spike/Papa Fast Runner/Thud
- Max Burkholder as Chomper
- Meghan Strange as Ruby
- Nika Futterman as Mama Fast Runner
- Pete Sepenuk as Red Claw/Screech
- Dorian Harewood as Mr. Thicknose
- Kenneth Mars as Grandpa Longneck
On the day of the Flying Rocks of Many Nights (meteor shower), Ruby remembers a memory of her family meeting at Hanging Rock when she lived in the Mysterious Beyond. Ruby ventures alone to find her family, but Chomper, Ducky and Spike come along to help. They meet Skip along the way, a mammal who knows the Mysterious Beyond very well, and the gang learns an important lesson of being family.
- This is the first appearance of Skip.
- This is the first real appearance of Ruby's family, as their only preceding appearances were in flashbacks. Ducky and Spike are the only members of the gang to meet them for the first time in this episode.
- It is revealed that Chomper and Ruby need to learn how to save the residents of the Mysterious Beyond from Red Claw.
- Grandpa Longneck saves Chomper, Ducky, Ruby and Spike in an identical manner to the third film, The Land Before Time III: The Time of the Great Giving.
- The fire was caused by a flying rock, rather than lightning which happened in said film.
- The rock the main characters are waiting on near the end of the episode is Saurus Rock.
- Supposedly, the original name of this episode was The Sky Fire Promise, but was changed when the writers realized sky fire was the Land Before Time term for lightning.[Citation Needed]
- This episode marks the last appearance of Red Claw. He only appears for a short time in this episode, as well as the 13th episode, The Lonely Journey, that he previously appeared in.
- Curiously, his Fast Biter minions, Screech and Thud, do not appear with him in either of these episodes, though they do appear separate from him in Return to Hanging Rock. This also marks their last appearance to date.
- When Mr. Thicknose is singing the song "Up in the Sky", for a moment Chomper's nose is purple. A moment later, it is normal again.
Land Before Time Wiki has a collection of images and media related to Return to Hanging Rock.
The Hermit of Black Rock
|The Land Before Time TV series||Followed by:|
March of the Sand Creepers